function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpartySparty 

Convert leads to contacts if there is an account for that company?

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is be able to have leads automatically convert to contacts if there is an account in the system for that company. I think that's the best way to describe it. For example, if there is an account already in Salesforce for Comerica Bank and we recieve a lead from a webform submission that works at Comerica as well, I would like that lead to automatically convert to a contact in that scenario. Another example is if there is an account for Chevrolet in Salesforce but there are still leads in the system that work at Chevrolet we would like those leads to convert over as contacts as well since they match the company. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Arkadiy GolovkoArkadiy Golovko
Hi! Than if I have a lead that turns out to be someone I do not want to convert to an opportunity (they are not interested, etc), I still want to save the relationship history I had with them rather than delete them entirely. I also have many leads that I will successfully convert, but not all are important enough to want to have as an opportunity - I may just want them to be a contact.