function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lily huang 6lily huang 6 

how to post your question

Hi,

I'm looking at Apex & .NET Basics Module and trying to create a Visulforce example page from Trailhead. I copied and pasted code from trailhead, but page preview was weird that missing 'Edit' button compare to the screen from example. Here is my code and my page preview.

My Code and Page Previw

Any idea would be helpful. I really appreciate your help!

Lily

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

To see the edit button you need to pass the id of the contact record at the end of  the URL of visual force page.Please refer below sample .

https://thygygyy-dev-ed--c.ap2.visual.force.com/apex/dotnetvf?id=0032800000hxHik

You need to take the contact id of particular record id by going to contacts tab -- clicking on the record copying the id from URL.

Please refer below screenshot.

User-added image

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

lily Huang 22lily Huang 22
Thanks Sandhya! It's really helpful and it works. But I still didn't understand why the other buttons(Save and Cancel) don't come along with the id of Contact. I know how important the ID is in Salesforce. To compare with .NET Apps that when define a custom controller in markup, it will appear to UI(Client side).
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

As we know edit(modify) functionality is for the record which is already present.That means you can edit the record which is already saved in the database.

So here if you give the contact Id in the URL the record which is already in the database will be displayed and that can be edited.

Hope this answers your question.

If this helps you please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
lily Huang 22lily Huang 22
Thanks. The question is resolved.
Lokesh Malviya 8Lokesh Malviya 8
hello i need your help i want to show all Notes and attachment of a particular object can you please help me
Ali FailoulAli Failoul
Hey,
Can't find the fast lookup element in the flow tool box. Any Idea please ?