function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert RobinsonRobert Robinson 

apex:commandlink question

I am using an apex:Pageblock with a 6 column panelgrid to create pagination for a custom related list. I have everything working ok except for 1 piece. I created a "Go to List" function that pulls up the list of related records. So that this will appear, I am using the apes:commandLink value function as follows:
  <apex:commandLink value="Go to List" rendered="{!units.hasNext}" action="{!showAll}"/>
This block gives users these options: Go to List  Next  Last on page 1, Go to List First Previous Next Last on page 2 and so on. On the last page, the user sees First  Previous as options 
I think this is where i painted myself into a corner; the Go to List option appears only as long as there is a "Next" option; on the last page (no next), Go to List is not an option.

Here is the pertinent block of code:
 </apex:pageBlockButtons> 
      <apex:panelGrid columns="6" id="linkPanel">
        <apex:commandLink value="Go to List" rendered="{!units.hasNext}" action="{!showAll}"/>       
        <apex:commandLink status="fetchStatus" reRender="pblock" action="{!first}" value="First" rendered="{!units.hasPrevious}"/>
        <apex:commandLink status="fetchStatus" reRender="pblock" action="{!previous}" rendered="{!units.hasPrevious}" value="Previous"/>
        <apex:commandLink status="fetchStatus" reRender="pblock" action="{!next}" rendered="{!units.hasNext}" value="Next"/>
        <apex:commandLink status="fetchStatus" reRender="pblock" action="{!last}" rendered="{!units.hasNext}" value="Last"/>
        <apex:outputText id="pNum">{!IF(noofrecords=0,'No records to display',TEXT((units.pageNumber * size)+1-size)+'-'+IF((units.pageNumber * size)>noOfRecords, TEXT(noOfRecords),TEXT((units.pageNumber * size)))+' of '+ TEXT(noofrecords))}</apex:outputText>
        <apex:outputPanel style="color:#4AA02C;font-weight:bold">
        <apex:actionStatus id="fetchStatus" startText="Fetching..." stopText=""/>
        </apex:outputPanel>
      </apex:PanelGrid>
    </apex:pageBlock>

Is there another function that I can use to ensure that the Go to Link option appears on the last page of the list? Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Robert Robinson
Surendra Choudhary 1Surendra Choudhary 1
Hi Robert,

You can you below statement:

<apex:commandLink value="Go to List" rendered="{!units.hasNext || units.hasPrevious}" action="{!showAll}"/>

Please try this and let me know.

Thanks,
Surendra

All Answers

Hi Robert,

You can you below statement:

<apex:commandLink value="Go to List" rendered="{!units.hasNext || units.hasPrevious}" action="{!showAll}"/>

Please try this and let me know.

Thanks,
Surendra
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Could you tell me what the pipe (||) function does? Is it a short hand for OR? 
Did I say thank you?
Hi Robert,

Yes its short hand OR operator. 

Welcome again !!

Regards,
Surendra
Thank you very much for the knowledge!