function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lindsay87Lindsay87 

Lead Conversion Error - Duplicate Records

Hello!  New admin here looking for some help.  

One of our users has reported that "For some reason on almost every lead I convert, I get the attached duplicate file window even when there is no duplicate. It is also not giving me a link to the duplicate record it's telling me I am creating. " This error message pops up almost every time she converts a lead, even when there is no duplicate record.
Error Message
We have a 'Convert Lead' button that is used and here is the OnClick JavaScript for that:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/apex.js")} 
var x=sforce.apex.execute("SH_Household_Utils","ConvertLead", {leadId:"{!Lead.Id}"}); 
var y = ""+x; 
if ( y.length!= 18 || y.substr(0,3)!="001") { 
alert("Error Convert Lead: "+y); 

else { 
var t = confirm("Lead is successfully converted into household and contact. Do you want to create a task for the new household?") ? "/00T/e?what_id="+y+"&retURL=%2F"+y : "/"+y; 
top.location.replace(t); 
}

When she goes to convert the lead, it still does convert it to a household but the pop up shows on almost every lead she converts.  It's just rather inconvenient to have to close the error each time.
What do we need to do in order to prevent this error message from coming up on almost every lead conversion? Especially for ones where there is no duplicate in the system.

We submitted a ticket with Salesforce and they told us to post on here.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!