function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jon SheaJon Shea 

Email-to-Case error with Process Builder

Hello,

Currently having an issue with email-to-case and process builder. 

We have one email-to-case address activated (support@example.com)
This is set to create cases with a record type of 'Example - 1'

Separately I have a Process that handles some updates to case ownership. The criteria for those processes are as follows: 
  case.recordtypeid.developername = 'Example - 2 ' or 'Example 3' 

The thing I can't figure out it: 

The email-to-case record type is excluded from the entry criteria for the process - but, everytime we get an email to the email-to-case address that process throws an error. So how is this record type (Example - 1) throwing an error in a process it is not part of ? 

Janelle Gardner 41Janelle Gardner 41
Hi Jon, 

Out of curiousity are y ou using email-to-case with on-demand service?
Janelle Gardner 41Janelle Gardner 41
Hi Jon, 

I know it has been a while and you have already likely already found a solution but I think I figured out the problem. In the criteria for the processes listed the case.recordtypeid.developername is spanning a relationship to find the developername of the record type. The system is trying to lookup a comparison value through a relationship that doesn't exist. 

The workaround that seemed to work for me was to lookup the case.recordtypeid values and exclude based on those id's. This doesn't require the system to try and use a relationship to find the value, it is always provided right from the start. (Even if the value is just null, it doesn't match the ID value provided). 

I hope this helps!