function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Milan HrdlickaMilan Hrdlicka 

Geolocation to be filled automatically, data to be viewed using google map service?

Hello,

I have created a custom object "Branch" which is in master-detail realtionship with standard "Account" object.
One Account can have multiple Branches in various addresses. The address data of a branch contain its name, street, street numbers(s), postal code, city. There is also a geolocation field (I would appreciate advice on format of the geolocation field as well - "Degrees, Minutes, Seconds" or "Decimal" - I have created "Degrees, Minutes, Seconds" with 15 decimal places.)
What I need is the geolocation field automatically after all necessary address details are filled - so the first thing is to get the geolocation data - longtitude and latitude  probably using google map service? In other words I need to "translate" address details via google map service (or similar) and retrieve geolocation data. Moreover I need to have this geolocation details filled automatically with address data for each row, would this be possible with workflow or before trigger?
Last thing I need is to embed a google map in Account layout showing "points" where branches are located according to their geolocation data - I need these branches in different colours according to opening times - the colour will be determined on a value of particular variable which determines whether the branch is closed or open.