function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kiran MatamKiran Matam 

New Custom module/object for opportunities

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest if it’s possible to create new custom module/object for opportunities with same functionality as opportunity object where stage, probability and forecast are interlinked? Kindly suggest.

Thanks,
Kiran.
Rowallim TechnologyRowallim Technology
Hi Kiran
I am not sure but i think yes we can do it but we will have to customize all that functionality manually. There is no other options for it.
Thanks
Kiran MatamKiran Matam

Thank you for your response. I understand we will have to create custom fields similar to stage, probability and forecast and figure out a similar way through logic and formulas However, we are looking for ideas on how the different stages can be monitored similar to stage history. There are a ‘From Stage’ and ‘To Stage’ Salesforce fields that records each time the opportunity is changed, We wanted to somehow mimic this so we can monitor progress on the customized opportunities that we may build.

Thanks
​Kiran Matam.
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Kiran,

We can monitor opportunity records within opportunity object only, can you please explain the requirement so that I could suggest you some solution for this. 

Thanks,

Gaurav

Kiran MatamKiran Matam
Hi Gaurav,

we are trying to create a new custom object same as Opportunity and wanted to have track the Stage History in custom object.

Thanks 
Kiran.
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Kiran,

Yes, I had go through the articles on Opportunity Stage history and found that stage history is tracked along with other fields. As far your requirement:
1. Create a child custom object for Opportunity, named ex: Opportunity Stage History.
2. Create few custom field for old value, new value and other information requried to be tracked related to Opportunity Stage. 
3. Write additional code in Opportunity Trigger (after update, after insert) to insert new records in Opportunity Stage history object whenever there is any update on Opportunity Stage fields. 

Let me know if you need more input on this from my side, also you can contact me directly on skype: gaurav62990.

Thanks,
Gaurav