function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sheida Saedifaez 7Sheida Saedifaez 7 

connected apps work across sandboxes

I have a connected app in one sandbox with the client id/secret. The same clientid/secret is working when connecting to another sandbox. Are connected apps shared? if that's the case, should i not create them in every sandbox? and why is that. Any help would be appreciated.
Cliff GilleyCliff Gilley
We noticed this as well, and it doesn't seem to be limited to Sandbox environments -- having one app in Sandbox and using that client ID/secret combo to connect to an unrelated Prod or Dev environment seems to be possible as well.  We've tested a variety of scenarios, and it appears that once you have an app with a client ID/secret, you can use that app to access any environment (it does require login and other restrictions).  Wondering if someone else has a comment on this?
Bing Wang @ IncapBing Wang @ Incap
A colleague of mine just confirmed that this is still a thing - he was able to use the Connected App info from one sandbox to log in to another sandbox (belongs to the same production org) that does NOT have the same Connected App set up.  this is kind of weird "set up once, use everywhere" feature...