function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay ChaitanyaVijay Chaitanya 

Sandbox to Production deployment of Email Templates

Hi SF Jodhas,

I would like to understand the likely result of the following scenario please:

I have an Email Template 'A' with a certain template id, we have a corresponding email template 'B' in sandbox that has been built with the same API name but different template id (this was no data refresh between prod and sandbox). Now when I push 'B' to production will it overwrite the existing 'A' in production since the Unique Emaiol Template API name is the same between A & B? or is there a risk of creating a new Email template as the template ids are different between the systems? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay
Best Answer chosen by Vijay Chaitanya
UC InnovationUC Innovation
Hi Vijay,

When you push the email template, it should overwrite only if the ID of the email templates are identical. It shouldn't be based on the API name. However, there is a validation rule to keep email template names unique so the deployment should fail if template B and template A have different IDs.

I would check the IDs of template A and B and if they are identical, then template B in the sandbox should overwrite template A. If the IDs are different, but the API names are identical, then the deployment should fail.

Hope this helps!