function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohammad Alazzouni 6Mohammad Alazzouni 6 

How to create a Visualforce report with Product Schedules and details

Context:
  • I've been asked to create a report that has certain details that cannot be provided in the regular Salesfroce report formats.
  • My current report is using Opportunities with Packages & Schedules
  • I need to be able to see Package schedules as well as details of the opportunity without having redundant information repeating itself on every row (will explain further later)
  • Here is what the current report looks like with the option to "hide details"
User-added image
The problem:
  • The left side of the schedule only has two columns
  • When I click show "details this" happens
This is what the left side of the schedule look like:
Left side of the report schedule
This is what the right side of the schedule look like:
Right side of the report schedule
  • The way the data is currently displayed is just not consumable. As you can see, the report schedule has quantities and revenue. The problem is that every different date is presented at a separate row even though it's the same Package for the same opportunity. The other problem is that bcause it's the same opp, you will notice that the right side shows redundant information all over the report. A report like this is now useless as you have to sift through a lot of fat to get to the info that you need,
Proposed Solution (Ask):
How can I get all the different schedule dates for the same opp to be displayed in one row where I can also show the Opportunity details on the right side?

Bonus Problem:
User-added image
  • When hiding the details I still get a subtotal under every opportunity. I understand how this is important when dealing with multiple packages for one Opp, but in our case, we only deal with one package per opp leaving the subtotal section to be redundant. How can I remove that row and only have the sum at the bottom of the report?
Thank you.

Mohammad