function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhushan Singh 13Bhushan Singh 13 

I have some field in object for one field want to show in the creation of record after that field should not visible

Hi, 
I am new in salesforce i have question -
I have some field in object  for one field want to show in the creation of record after that field should not visible,
for eg - I object has 3 field name,address, phone so while  creating record that phone field should be visible after that it should not visible neither view nor edit  page, how to achive this please explain me.
Thanks
GarryPGarryP
This can be acheived as follows-
1. Create a custom VF page with standard controller as your required object.
2.it should override your NEW button for creation of new records
3. n this page you can add the fields as needed.
4. remove the field from standard page layout.

creating new vf page will give you access to field and user can populate and once record is save VIEW of record should not show that field as it is that field is not present (we have removed in #4) in page layout.

This should work or else pls let me know if i am missing something,

Thank you Girish for your suggestion
GarryPGarryP
i dont think so it would be possible if the field is their in page layout, it will be visible in NEW & EDIT layouts.

You should override the new record functionality to have a different view
Hi Girish P,
My requirement is the field  should be apear due to creating record, after created record it should not visible on the view and edit page as well,
GarryPGarryP
with configuration this is not doable.
I have inlined the approach above where you will have to create the VF page with the field included and any other fields that are need at time of new record creation.
and than remove the field from the detail and edit page layout. 
Please let me know if this make sense to you.