function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lawrence Krubner 8Lawrence Krubner 8 

Do we have to pay money to Salesforce?

I'm building a Salesforce app for a company. I turned the app into a managed package. Now we are about to release it on the Salesforce app exchange. But I am filling out the app info here:

https://partners.salesforce.com/

and I got confused by these Terms & Conditions

"If the application or component you are listing on the AppExchange requires payment of any kind to you or the company on whose behalf you are listing such application or component (e.g., a paid subscription to an external service that you provide), then you must choose the "Paid, using Checkout" or "Paid, without Checkout" selections above. If the application or component you are listing on the AppExchange is free and never requires any payment, Salesforce will have the right to audit your records and/or the records of the company on whose behalf you are listing such application or component, upon reasonable notice and under reasonable time, place and manner conditions. To the extent such audit reveals that such application or component is not free and/or requires any payment, you and/or the company on whose behalf you are listing such application or component shall pay to Salesforce (i) any fees due under the form of Salesforce partner program agreement that would ordinarily apply to such application or component, as Salesforce reasonably determines and (ii) the full reasonable cost of such audit. If such audit determines that such application or component is free and never requires any payment, then Salesforce shall bear the cost of the audit."

In the case of  this company , the app on Salesforce exchange is free. The app makes web callouts to the company  API, and in that way, Salesforce customers can import data from the company , and have it automatically put into their Accounts and Contacts.

The app is free, but when the customer wants to use the company service, they need to call the company and negotiate a price for a subscription (the customers tend to be very large institutions, and the prices vary for each customer). So does that mean that  the company  app is free, or is this a service that Salesforce feels involves money?

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I would suggest you refer below link and contact them directly so that you can get more information on how it works.

https://www.salesforce.com/solutions/appexchange/overview/

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya