function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Puneeth KumarPuneeth Kumar 

How can I check the criteria while at the time of time-based action of Workflow?

Hi All,

I have a usecase when record is created, update "Exp Date" of record and set the time based action (Email and field update) on 10 days before "Exp Date". I had achieved this through workflow and time based action.
But On the 10 days before Exp Date that is when time based action is fired I would like to check the criteria as
(If "Stage = prospect" on 10 days before Exp then send mail alert) or (If Stage = "other values" on 10 days before Exp update the fields.)

Workaround What I did:
Created Workflow which updates "Exp Date" field and schedules a time based field update of a "Flag" to true.
Created another process builder while on create and edit where it checks as below
     Node 1 --> ("Flag = true & Stage = prospect) if true then send email alert.  And Update "Flag" to False.
     Node 2 --> ("Flag = true & Stage != prospect) if true then update fields. And Update "Flag" to False.
     Node 3 --> If Flag is True, Update it with False (as I considered this flag acts like a time based update which when updated the record enters process builder to check certain criteria and then do Email alert or field update)

The problem I face is - Will the Time-based Flag update is considered as Triggering point for the process builder to start and check the critria at that specific time ? Are Time-based field updates are considered as enough DML operation to start another Process ??

Let me know if I am doing wrong anywhere or if this is not the way it should be done. Please post your workarounds if any.
Please Advise.