function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pbrodsky1.3936063935185842E12pbrodsky1.3936063935185842E12 

Global Search on web vs. search via API

Our developer has run into a curious situation and isn't sure of the answer or where to turn (I've pointed him here...don't think he's posted) so I'm trying to help him move the ball forward.

When using Global Search on the normal Salesforce website, it does more of a fuzzy match so for example, if I search for "Company Name" I will get both of the following as a result:
1. "Company Name"
2. "Company, Name" (notice the addition lf the comma)

However, when he did the search via the API using this code: 
List<Account> existing = salesforceSoapService.findAccountsByName(reg.getName());

he would not get both results depending on what the search string was (searching with or without the comma only returned the record that also did or did not have the comma).

Thoughts?  Is there somewhere specific on the developer site where I can point him?

Thanks!

sandeep madhavsandeep madhav
Hi, 

Is this search your implementing in Portal, Let me know @ sandeepmadhav2011@gmail.com, there is a simple way to do.
With out query
mark mileurmark mileur
We're using the SOAP webservice to make a call using the findAccountsByName(String) method.  We're passing in a user supplied value.  Pretty sure its because we're using the API rather than the web query.  Just curious if there is a way to get similar results as inclusive as the results using the "Search" text box on the salesforce page.  Puncuation is the obvious choice to explain the difference we're seeing but I'm wondering on an account search, what other account settings (if any) might be affecting the results.