function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neeraja SuribhatlaNeeraja Suribhatla 

Setting up default app in salesforce lightning

How do you set up default app in salesforce lightning?  I would really appreciate if someone helps me.

Thanks,
Neeraja
Best Answer chosen by Neeraja Suribhatla
Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi Neeraja,

In "Custom App Settings" in Edit section of profile set the App Launcher to Visible, if it isn’t already. Under Tab Settings, verify that the App Launcher tab is set to Default On. Additionally in Administrative Permissions, select Use Identity Features

After above step you will see "App  Launcher" in App menu for the user you have configured the profile.

Open App Launcher and set your defaults, you can reorder the apps and can create new landing pages.

Thanks

If you're satisfied with the answers provided, please don't forget to select a Best Answer. 

All Answers

Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi Neeraja,

In "Custom App Settings" in Edit section of profile set the App Launcher to Visible, if it isn’t already. Under Tab Settings, verify that the App Launcher tab is set to Default On. Additionally in Administrative Permissions, select Use Identity Features

After above step you will see "App  Launcher" in App menu for the user you have configured the profile.

Open App Launcher and set your defaults, you can reorder the apps and can create new landing pages.

Thanks

If you're satisfied with the answers provided, please don't forget to select a Best Answer. 
This was selected as the best answer
Neeraja SuribhatlaNeeraja Suribhatla
Hi Pankaj,
Thank you very much. I am able to achieve this for Salesforce user licenses. Can we follow the same steps for Force.com - App Subscription licenses?

Thanks,
Neeraja
Srikanth GuddhetiSrikanth Guddheti
Hi Pankaj,

I am not able to turn on 'Use Identity Features' for System Admin profile. However, i am able to see 'App Launcher' in App menu, but I did not find a way to set defaults.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Srikanth 
Taylor YoungTaylor Young
@pinkaj 

1. Make sure app is visible and default. (Go to Setup  -> Profiles -> Select Profile -> App Permissions -> Edit -> Select 'Visible' and 'Default')

2. Enable 'Use Identity Features'. Go to Setup -> Profiles -> Select Profile -> System Permissions -> Edit -> Select 'Use Identity Features' 

You should see the default app on refresh of home page. 
Nishee Chauhan 2Nishee Chauhan 2
Hi , Im able to do the above setting but as mentioned in below link

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000316573&type=1

Assigning a default app will only allow Users to see the app when they login to Salesforce for the first time. However, when a User switches Apps during his session, logs out and logs back in, the User is taken back to the last App he/she was in. Please upvote on this Idea: Default App (Landing App)

Im not able to fix the landing page every times user logs in.
I want whenever user is log in  the landing app should remain fixed. can anyone help me with this. Is there's anywork around.