function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven ConnollySteven Connolly 

In classic, I have a visualforce page that launches in a new window. In Lightning, the page launches within the main window and replaces the screen. How can I change the behavior in Lightning to launch a separate window?

I have a custom button that works in classic where we launch a separate window.  The Behavior is set to Display In New Window.  However, in my Lightning Experience test, this page replaces the main content.  How can I alter the Lightning experience so that it also pops open a new window instead of refreshing the main screen with the page? 
Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi Steven,

Few things you can do

1. Skip validation rule for a certain profile in case a user need to add product he need to ask user in that profile, only for old opportunties. 
2. Create a boolean field on Opportuntiy and mark it true for old opportuntiy and skip validation  if this flag is true.
3. Create a one time batch process to add product to Opportunity by deactivating the validation rule for the instance when batch runs
4. Search for a criteria which are old opportunity , Put the criteria in custom setting and add the criteria in Validation rule , say it Old opportunities are those created above January'16 , so store this date in custom setting and add condition in Validation rule that skip rule if createdDate < Jan'16

Thanks