function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tomasz JurekTomasz Jurek 

Trailhead - Create an Account Using REST API and Workbench TWICE

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find an account named 'Blackbeards Grog Emporium' created from Workbench with the Description 'The finest grog in the seven seas.'

I have created it twice: (I have to use localhost/workbench MAMP due to my company security policy)
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post for same issue
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kCkSIAU
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kEbmIAE

Yes this really strange. I also tested same. After executing same request twice its working fine.

{
  "Name" : "Blackbeards Grog Emporium",
  "description" : "The finest grog in the seven seas."
}
Look like . is missing in your request body

Let us know if this will help you

Tomasz JurekTomasz Jurek
Thanks Amit for swift reply I actually thought about this dot on the way. On 3rd attempt with "." Challenge is passed.
If I may ask you one more thing I get this error when I try to login through https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php I get this error messeage (even from my private laptop)
User-added image
I got this gut feeling that this has to do with one of security trails, becasue I don't recall blocking Connected App
Workbench. I got some transaction security settings from that trail but that's all.

Thanks once again and good night.

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please logout and relogin again and try
Sydney ZinkSydney Zink
Can someone help please? User-added image
Nilotpal RoyNilotpal Roy
Hi,

Please make sure you use (.) "description" : "The finest grog in the seven seas."

User-added image
Use 
/services/data/v39.0/query/?q=SELECT+description+From+Account+WHERE+Name='Blackbeards Grog Emporium'

to Execute using GET

User-added image

Hope this will helps.

Thanks,
Nilotpal Roy.

Gbolahan JolapamoGbolahan Jolapamo
I have posted the account name and its description via the workbench and whe i query via workbench I get the suceess is trueue result. however the challenge is not marking as complete. workbench rest api
Nilotpal RoyNilotpal Roy
@Gbolahan Jolapamo
It's because may be you have created two items. Suggest you to delete those records and make a fresh account and description as I have mentioned above.
Thanks,
Nilotpal Roy.
Juan FajardoJuan Fajardo
Each time when create a Account you are generating a duplicate, usig:
{
  "description" : "The finest grog in the seven seas."
}

You are not filling the description field, you can verify manually in Ligthin looking for the Account, to pass you have to fill the description manually!!
Lalit Khurana 1Lalit Khurana 1
I am getting same issue , when i write query SELECT Name,description FROM Account where Name='Blackbeards Grog Emporium'' then i found  in Description was 'New Description' then i manually update Description to 'The finest grog in the seven seas.' then its work fine
KapavariVenkatramanaKapavariVenkatramana

Amit Chaudhary 8
Please logout and relogin again and try

Is Correct....
KapavariVenkatramanaKapavariVenkatramana
Please Check What they Given Description , You Posted DIfferent Description..
Devendra PatelDevendra Patel
It worked, in my case i have missed dot(.) at the end of the description ;)
Kathavarayan Seenu 8Kathavarayan Seenu 8
Hai,
I have done this challange. First How do we this? Go to the workbench via this link  https://workbench.developerforce.com . Next Login to your salesforce org with username and password. After choose the REST Explorer from utilities dropdown. Then select a radio button as POST of HTTP method. Below enter the format /services/data/vxx.0/sobjects/account. Put the codes
{
  "Description" : "The finest grog in the seven seas."
}

in the Request Body.
To execute the services click on Execute button and Successfully created a account with description.

Note: go to your account created page in your org. Click on EDIT button at the right hand side to account name "Blackbeards Grog Emporium". 
verify the description, that is shown wrong description like "New Description". Please change to "The finest grog in the seven seas."  and save the account.

Showing wrong text (description)

Finally, go on dive to your trailhead. click your "check challenge to earn 500 points" again. Got it 500 points. you are in appy mood now.
shahul mt 2shahul mt 2

Hi,

I had the same problem, the issue with you is that you missed the '.' in the end of the description line after the word 'seas'

Thank you

Rohith Kumar 98Rohith Kumar 98
I had the same issue and it was because there was a trigger that changes description whenever an account is inserted.

You either need to deactivate the trigger and insert an account using REST API or update the description of an account created.
Dev DhakalDev Dhakal

HI , 
I had the same problem.Alternatively, I used the below query and it is resolved now.

{
"ShippingCity" : "The finest grog in the seven seas.",
"Description" : "The finest grog in the seven seas."
}

User-added image

Konstantin ShkliarKonstantin Shkliar
Trailhead - Create an Account Using REST API  in Postman:
It will work if you provide a description with a dot (.) at the end.
Try this Body:
{
"Name": "Blackbeards Coconut Milk Emporium",
"Description": "The finest coconut milk in the seven seas."
}