function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kimm DyKimm Dy 

Problem with Trailhead - Salesforce Connect Error -The 'Mobile Devices' External Data Source was not created correctly

Hello, 

The challenge has asked for the following: 
Create an OData 2.0 external data source with 'Mobile Devices' as the label, 'Mobile_Devices' as the name, and this URL: https://phone-odata-demo.herokuapp.com/devices.svc/
Use the 'AtomPub' format and the 'Anonymous' Identity Type for the 'Mobile Devices' External Data Source.
The 'Mobile Devices' data source must validate and sync the 'phone_plans' table to result in an external object with the API name 'Phone_Plan__x'.
The 'Mobile Devices' data source must validate and sync the 'phones' table to result in an external object with the API name 'Phone__x'.
Note that you will need to adjust the Object Names for the two external objects from the default setting after the initial sync.

User-added image

I have reread the instructions and for some reason I'm still getting the error below. I noticed that others who have done this challenge have the value "Lightning Connect: OData 2.0" in the Type field while I don't have that as an option and can only select "Salesforce Connect: OData 2.0". Any ideas? 
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Kimm Dy
Igor Androsov 5Igor Androsov 5
External Data sources should work for you using Salesforce Connect: OData 2.0 I was able to define it and sync data source in dev org with Lightning + my domain enabled.
Check that you have new DEV org and define MyDomain as it is required for Lightning

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please check if have enabled  Lightning Components in the Develop | Lightning Components (Beta) menu.

Please refer below link for a similar issue.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B3RlIAK

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Kimm DyKimm Dy

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for providing the link. I checked and my org is a developer edition org. Do you know if it matter that I'm using salesforce connect vs. lightning connect for this trailhead? 

Best,
Kim 

Igor Androsov 5Igor Androsov 5
External Data sources should work for you using Salesforce Connect: OData 2.0 I was able to define it and sync data source in dev org with Lightning + my domain enabled.
Check that you have new DEV org and define MyDomain as it is required for Lightning
This was selected as the best answer