function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sourav PSourav P 

How to get the related Opp ID from the Quote object to the related task created from the Quote

Dear All,
I have a field called " Opportunity Name" ( field name " opportunity")in the quote object, which is a look up to the opp object.

User-added image
I want that, when i create a Task from this quote, the opp name ( which is actually a auto -number set )

User-added image

In the task field, the opp number should get reflected. I have created a look up field in the Task object " opportunity" ( also a text datatype field " Opportunity Number" , whichever would convenient to bring the value)
I tried the process builder and work flow with various options but the issue is in teh Task object, the value is not geting reflected. can anyone suggest a way ?

User-added image
Tim BarsottiTim Barsotti

To do this with config, you will need to use process builder. I would recommend setting the standard task "Related To ID" (API name = WhatId" to = the quote.OpportunityId.

In process builder, set the Field "Related To ID" - Type = "Reference", Value = "Quote.OpportunityId"

Hope this helps

Sourav PSourav P
Hi Tim, Thanks, But i cant set the " related to" ID as i need both Quote ID and Opp ID as well. and while creating a task from teh quote, the Related to field is automatically getting reflected by the Quote ID. So , i need to use the opp lookup or opp text data type field to bring the opp ID.
Basically , i want the activities to reflect both in quote and opp objects, if i replace the below relate to with opp, then it will not visible in the related quote object. plz suggest.

User-added image