function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim STim S 

REST API calls have stopped working

Hello,

I am using REST API calls to interface my Enterprise Salesforce to several web forms.  These have been working without problems for several months.

In the last 24 hours all of these calls have failed even though I have made no change to any of the affected web forms.

The authentication step works correctly and return the expected access code but when the form makes the second call - usually to query a Salesforce Object - the php Curl call returns no response.  There is no error message, it is simply that nothing happens.

I am not using bulk of batch API - thes are calls direct from php in the web form.

This behaviour is occurring on all my web forms, and as I have said I have made no change to any of them.

Is there any advice on how I can address this matter?  It is causing serious disruption to my customers.

I am only on the Basic support package and so Salesforce Support have said they can't help.

Cheers

Tim
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Tim,

Why don't you setup the debug log to see what's messing up the stuff ? It might be as sample as a newly added validation rule which is disrupting the flow. The debug log should definitely guide you in the right direction.
Tim STim S
Thanks, I'll try that, but I stress I have made no change at all in recent times, either to the calling forms or to the back end SF tables. Cheers
Tim STim S
Hi all,

I am not sure how to set up the debug log, is there any guidance available?

The authentication step works, but nothing ese seems to.  The behaviour is simply that the curl_exec returns an empty string, when 24 hours ago it worked perfectly.  The problem may be related to the API Version since the authentication calls don't use version number while the calls that are failing do require one.

I see the latest version is 38.0, so I tried using v37.0 but the same result.

This is getting serious because I have a very busy time coming up and if anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Tim,

Kindly refer the below log to setup debug log 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000230387&language=en_US&type=1