function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdc2705sfdc2705 

Help with Formula fields

Hi All,

I want to know what is the best way to handle the below scenario..

I have a custom object 'Application process' and i have 'Applicant' field which is a lookup field  on 'Contact 'object.I want to track the 'no of total applications' the applicant has applied for before,and also how many went to the next screening through 'no of advanced applications'.. both of these fields are number fields on 'Application process'  object..I also have the same fields on the 'Contact ' objects which are formula fields.
I want these number fields to be updated automatically on the 'contact'  object based on the 'Applicant status'.

Please let me know the best approach and if i am in the right direction or any other solution for this.

Appreciate any help.
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi sfdc2705

Could you please tell me the relationship between 'Application process' and 'Applicant object'.
I am assuming that the the relationship is master-detail which would be the best way to do this.

Contact formula fields are getting the values from Applicant? If yes then, being a Master detail record you can use the roll up summary fields to get the numbers you want on applicant from application process(Applicant being Master and application process being child), update the formula fields on the contact object to read these roll up values.

For you criteria, based on applicant status you can  mention your criteria in the roll up summary field roll up criteria, and then it would calculate only based on the application status

Hope it helps :)

RD