function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Caleb KuesterCaleb Kuester 

<aura:tokens > Questions

Greetings!

I am under the impression that the first set of tokens must be within a file called "defaultTokens.tokens." That's all well and good, but what if you want to have the same page rendered with multiple different style options using a different .tokens file?

I see that there's an "extends = "c:defaultTokens">" option, but what is the point of it? I can't seem to access the new tokens within the "arbitraryTokens.tokens" file? Do I have to declare that I'm using a different tokens file?

Also, are there any other means by which I can accomplish this feature?

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
Best Answer chosen by Caleb Kuester
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Caleb
go to below link for understand how to use token in lightning component
http://www.sfdcmonkey.com/2016/12/30/use-token-lightning-component/
i hope it helps you
thanks
let me inform if it helps you and mark it best answer if it helps you so it make proper solution for others in future

All Answers

sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Caleb
go to below link for understand how to use token in lightning component
http://www.sfdcmonkey.com/2016/12/30/use-token-lightning-component/
i hope it helps you
thanks
let me inform if it helps you and mark it best answer if it helps you so it make proper solution for others in future
This was selected as the best answer
caleb kuester 9caleb kuester 9
Thanks for your response. I was afraid of that. This implementation makes no sense. This is a hierarchy design in a structure that is not hierarchical. 

Imagine making a demo that shows what tokens can do for an org. 

1) Make defaultTokens and proceed to put nothing in there, since the point is to change everything. 
2) Make several different .tokens files and fill them with arbitrary style sets. 
3) Make a giant conga line of .tokens files arbitrarily extending each other, where the order of extension is based on which one  you open first. 
4) ???
5) Proffit (also, you get fired because everybody thinks that you're insane). 

Thanks for your response. I expected something different.