function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wendy GrahnWendy Grahn 

Understanding Salesforce Unit

I'm working my way through several Trails for onboarding as a new hire and I noticed this graphic that goes with this text "Salesforce organizes your data into objects and records. Think of an object as a tab on a spreadsheet, and a record like a single row of data."
Shouldn't the red highlight indicate "Records" and "Objects" - whereas "Objects" is currently "Tabs" to show the coorelation?User-added image
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Wendy Grahn,

Object:
It is just like a database table like we have in SQL
In a simple way  Object = rows + columns
The object holds the entire schema (structure) of the data.

Record:
It is nothing but one row in that table.
Record = entire row.

So in that screen shot Accounts, Leads, Contacts and more which are in the tabs are objects.As you can see" ABC Genius Tech Consulting" as a record.

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you, please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Wendy GrahnWendy Grahn
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I understand the analogy. I'm suggesting that in the graphic where it says "Tabs", it should say "Objects". As where it's highlighting rows, it says "Records" to provide the visual analogy. User-added image
Hi Wendy Grahn,

Yes, that true if that was objects it is easy to understand.I would suggest you click feedback link on the same page and provide your feedback so that concern team will look into this.Trailhead always encourages the feedback.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Wendy GrahnWendy Grahn
There isn't a link to provide feedback on this trail. I'm not sure who to contact.
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/admin_intro_crm_basics/admin_intro_getstart_crm_basics
User-added image
Hi,

Yes, I see that there is no feedback link.Usually, all modules will have that link.
So I have sent an email to trailhead@salesforce.com regarding this.Will update  you once I get the response.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya