function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SamuelRobertSamuelRobert 

Need help on understanding this requirement

I’m having a hard time visualising how this would work. I need the ability to type up an SOW in Salesforce. Once I finish typing the SOW and want to send it to the customer, I should have a button that sends to a specific recipient. The client then should have the ability to sign the SOW and save it. One it is saved by the client, it should automatically attach to the Development request form(Custom object) in Salesforce for Billing.
Here is the process.
Account Management receives or creates a development request form(VF page- sales the value in Salesforce custom object) (RF-XXXXXX).
Account Management types up an SOW and clicks send to the client.
The client reviews and signs the SOW. (We need the ability for the client to leave notes on the SOW. We need the ability to retract or update the SOW in case of errors)
SOW automatically finds its way to the initial request form and attaches itself there.
Accounting bills for the Development.
Please advise
Travis Lee 1Travis Lee 1
Hey Samuel,

Have you tried using a field merge app like Drawloop or Conga? I set up a similar contract management system that took the values of keyed in fields, merged them onto the proper document, sent it via Docusign and (when the customer filled and signed) returned it to the record and stored it appropriately. I think the combination of these two apps would meet your needs. Let me know if you'd like to discuss further?

Travis
SamuelRobertSamuelRobert
Hi Travis,

Are you the product owner of the Drawloop and Conga? If yes please provide your Email ID we can have the further discussion there.

My Email ID is samuel@srinsofttech.com.

Thanks.
Travis Lee 1Travis Lee 1
Hey Samuel,

I don't own either product, I've just used them as add-ons in previous orgs. Here are the links to the appexchange profiles:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016b7FEAQ
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016Zn3EAE

Personally, I prefer Drawloop, but they both get the job done as far as generating documents from SFDC field entries in a specified and formatted way! Let me know if you have questions.

Travis
SamuelRobertSamuelRobert
Thanks Travis, I will look into it.
Travis Lee 1Travis Lee 1
If this solution helped you, please remember to mark as the best answer!