function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bharath kumar 52bharath kumar 52 

Using SOAP api to integrate salesforce with external system?

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i am supposed to integrate salesforce with an external Order management and billing system using SOAP.
Please let me know how i need to proceed with it.
Here is my understanding of the problem:
1.)An order is created in salesforce.
2.)A copy of the order needs to be created in the external "Order management system".
3.)Updation of orders on salesforce needs to reflect in the external system as well.
What i have : A wsdl file from the external application, id,password for authentication, a partner wsdl from salesforce
Considering my scenario : Can someone tell me who would be the consumer and who would be the producer?(My understanding is that salesforce is the producer and external system is the consumer).
Can someone brief me as to what steps need to be taken to integrate the systems. Also, if you can point me to examples that would be great.
Brian Cherry 11Brian Cherry 11
First step would be to create triggers to call an @future method or you could create a process builder to call an apex class that calls out to the web service. For the actual class to do the call, it should be fairly simple depending on the API. 

This link:
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts

Should get you started. You'll want to start looking at the HTTP callout section. 
Brian Cherry 11Brian Cherry 11
This would need to be on the Salesforce side. You'll also need your third party system to throw back an ID of the created order so you can update it later on.