function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GabzGabz 

Lic in sandboxes

Hi

From what I have seen so far and what I was told when I joined the salesforce community, was that in sandboxes User Lic does not apply. Which is good and bad. Bad because unknowingly you may create a system design that would require a lic to an object which in PROD you may not have lic to or not all users have lic to do something or have access to a custom object.

Is there a way to test your system design using custom objects respecting PROD Lic in sandbox? So that you can avoid the situation where the solution worked great in sandbox but come PROD due to insufficient lic, things just do not work.

I have had this sort of question from customers a few times and not sure how to best answer that.
JustAGirlyGeekJustAGirlyGeek
A sandbox should have the same license types as your production instance since a sandbox is a mirror copy (minus data in some sandbox types) of production.
GabzGabz
Ok! That's good to know. But in sandbox you do not have to go to Installed packages and manage lic > and then add users there. So technically you are not assigning users to licence. But in Prod you do have to do the above steps. So if you are not assigning users let lic and they can still access custom objects.. - how does all that work? Kind Regards, Gabby Gabby Garewal PSA Implementation Consultant FinancialForce.com, Inc Mobile: +61 0416.093.145