function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josh JonessJosh Joness 

No Site.com Contributor User Licenses Available

I am using the free developer edition.
And, I cannot enable the **Site.com Publisher User** option under My Profile Advance Setting.

I go this error when I tried to enable Site.com and Publisher User following the instruction from here https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Site.com:

No Site.com Contributor User Licenses Available
There are no Site.com Contributor User Licenses available. If you wish to add Site.com Contributor User Licenses, please <a href="/cases/logabug.jsp?00N00000000z2xc=Site.com+Contributor+License&type=Request&subject=Add+Site.com+Contributor+Licenses&retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp&successURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp">submit a case</a>. A salesforce.com representative will contact you. 

Could you please tell me what this error means?

Thanks

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Josh,

Before users can access Site.com, you must allocate a Site.com feature license, and add them to individual sites using Site.com Studio. Check the feature table for information on the feature license, permissions, and role required for each user.

After you determine the appropriate access level, follow these steps to set up a Site.com user:
  • Allocate a feature license to the user by editing the user's profile.
  • To allocate Site.com Publisher feature licenses to users in your organization, select the Site.com Publisher User checkbox. Alternatively, for contributors, select the Site.com Contributor User checkbox. Once you allocate a feature license, users can access the Site.com app in the
Force.com app menu in the Salesforce header.

Note: If the checkboxes don't appear, verify that Site.com is enabled for your organization. Organizations using Unlimited or Enterprise Editions must purchase Site.com Publisher and Site.com Contributor feature licenses
separately. For information on purchasing Site.com feature licenses, contact salesforce.com. Developer Edition organizations contain two Site.com Publisher feature licenses and one Site.com Contributor feature license.

For your reference please check below screenshot.
User-added image

For more information on site.com user licenses check here: Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Josh JonessJosh Joness
Hi Nagendra, 
Thank you for your kind reply. I am still confused. With the free developer account, do I get the Site.com feature license and Site.come studio available for free or no? Base on your comment, it seems like I don't get these features with the free account. Is that correct? Thanks.

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Josh,

For a free force.com edition, you have 250,000 free page views/month.If you want to have more you can purchase them additionally.

For more information may I suggest you please check with below link. Please mark this as solved if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Josh JonessJosh Joness
Hi Nagendra,
Thank you for your reply but that doesn't help me because that is what my question is about. I am having problem with enabling site.com Publisher User and I was wondering if that has anything to do with me using the free developer account.
Terence VibanTerence Viban
Hi Josh,
did you ever get a solution to this issue. I have exactly thesame Problem. According to the help document (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=siteforce_perm_license_about.htm&type=0), 

"Developer Edition organizations contain two Site.com Publisher feature licenses and one Site.com Contributor feature license. Developer Edition organizations can’t publish sites"

And this quict start tutorial doesn't say anything about having to get the licences activated. So I am quite confused.
Did you get this to work?

Thanks in advance
Praveen Verma 10Praveen Verma 10

Dear,

I am trying to enable the Site.com publishser User access from ManageUsers>>Users>>Edit
User-added image

While saving, I am getting below error -

No Site.com Publisher User Licenses Available
There are no Site.com Publisher User Licenses available. If you wish to add Site.com Publisher User Licenses, please <a href="/cases/logabug.jsp?00N00000000z2xc=Site.com+Publisher+License&type=Request&subject=Add+Site.com+Publisher+Licenses&retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp&successURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp">submit a case</a>. A salesforce.com representative will contact you. 

Could you please help ?

Thanks