function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alfred smithalfred smith 

is that possible to duplicate an object with same information but with Different name

Hi guys
I want to know is that possible to copy or duplicate an object in salesforce developer with same info and different names,
On the other hand, would you PLZ tell me if it's possible to use a buoth app towice or more in different accounts?
Many thanks
Alfred

Best Answer chosen by alfred smith
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Alfred,

In order to duplicate an object in salesforce go to the file system and copy-and-paste the .object file to a new file, then refresh your Force.com Project (using the Eclipse built-in Refresh command, not the Force.com > Refresh from Server command).  Once your new .object file appears in the Package Explorer view, right-click on it and select Force.com > Save to Server to push the object up to your organization.This is by generic clone process provided by salesforce.

For more information check with below links which might help you with above requirement. May I request you to please elaborate your query on Second question so that we can have a better understanding of it which results in easy troubleshooting.

Regards,
Nagendra.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Alfred,

In order to duplicate an object in salesforce go to the file system and copy-and-paste the .object file to a new file, then refresh your Force.com Project (using the Eclipse built-in Refresh command, not the Force.com > Refresh from Server command).  Once your new .object file appears in the Package Explorer view, right-click on it and select Force.com > Save to Server to push the object up to your organization.This is by generic clone process provided by salesforce.

For more information check with below links which might help you with above requirement. May I request you to please elaborate your query on Second question so that we can have a better understanding of it which results in easy troubleshooting.

Regards,
Nagendra.

This was selected as the best answer
alfred smithalfred smith
many thanks dear Nagendra