function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Terry411Terry411 

Force.com Sites Performance Issue

I have a client that has a public Force.com Site that walk visitors through a set of VF pages for scheduling appointments.  The first time a user goes through the pages, the performance is very slow (frequently timesout) however the second time they do the very same thing, it's very fast.

My question is more from a performance/indexing view.  Is there a reason the performance would take so much longer, long enough to timeout, on the first time then respond so quickly on following attempts?  There are 5 or 6 objects being queried so I would expect some delays for that, but we're also not talking about very large tables either.  Given the table sizes, I can't imagine it timing out even with un-indexed SOQL queries.  

Hoping for some guidance on what I can look for or how to troubleshoot this.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Terry,

May I request you to please confirm whether is this issue happening with a particular user or all the users.

If it's for a particular user then I would recommend you to check your Browser and UI settings, and the SFDC system status For more information check with below link which might help you. Please mark this as solved if the information helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.

Terry411Terry411
Hi @Nagendra, Thanks for the reply.  It's happening to every user.  I have a case open with SF Support and they're initial response was caching on their servers.  It acts and smells like a caching issue but so slow that it times out??  Seems odd given these aren't that large of objects.  I'll check out the links you've posted.