function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Somnath Paul 3Somnath Paul 3 

How to take backup of All Objects, Custom Fields, other components which are not coming in Eclipse Project refernce

Hi, I am new to the salesforce deployments. Please let me know how to retrieve and take backup of all the salesforce components (i.e. Profiles,Objects, Custom Fields etc) to git repository.

Can we retrieve all by using Ant and take the backup to github.
Please let me know.

Regards
Paul
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Hi Paul,

1) You can use eclipse to retreive all these components. By default only Apex classes, VF pages and triggers are included. But you can change this setting and retreive all the components.
2) Use ant tool to retreive all the metadata present in org. I prefer ant over eclipse because it is very fast compared to Eclipse.
3) Use third party licensed tools such as SnapShot.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Somnath,

Please check with this if it helps.

First, use the Salesforce IDE, create a new Force.com project, provide your credentials and select all the components that you want to sync to your PC. You now have all the necessary metadata on your local system.

Second, initialize a GIT repository on the IDE's project folder in the workspace. Add all the files to the repo and commit. All files are now in GIT, and changes can be tracked.

Third, add the Github remote URL and push. You now have your repo on Github.

For additional information check here: Mark this as solved if the information helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Hi Somnath,

Can you please mark the question as Solved if you have got the answer that you were looking for. Thanks.