function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc 

Lead systemmodstamp how its gonna update,on what basis and how many ways will it update??

Hi Experts,

Am closely working with warehouse team,they have a scheduled jobs to run on specific time and update the data from sfdc ,coming to saleforce they written some python code which can run if (salesforce.Lead.systemmodstamp > today) there data has to update,so here the problem is everytime the systemmodstamp is keeps on updating on lead from some way am not able to find how its keep on updating,by this warehouse is updating everytime, it was taking so long time for them to run and update the same data to there system,so i just wanted to know, how many ways lead.systemmodstamp gonna update, i can stop runnnig if there are any unwanted jobs from salesforce.

Thanks in Advance!

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

SystemModStamp is updated during operations on other objects that result in an indirect modification to the particular record.  An example is when a Case is created and, due to assignment rules, the Case is assigned to a user or queue.  This results in a change in the OwnerId field which is an indirect modification to the object.  The LastModifiedDate is updated when a user has explicitly modified the record, that is why we can also set the LastModifiedById to the id of the user who made the modification.  The SystemModStamp gets updated when the LastModifiedDate is updated.  So the best field to use for the finest grain change detection is the SystemModStamp.

Please refer below link to know more.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/system_fields.htm

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you, please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
buggs sfdcbuggs sfdc
HI Sandya,

Thanks for the reply,but with assignment rules or triggers,few records can updated,coming to my case the entire lead table is refreshing,thats a time consuming for the warehouse team?so what may be the other chances of refressing the entire table.

Thanks in Advance!