function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hm_inviHm_invi 

need to approve a record using email based approval.

i have to approve a custom obj record which has it's status field to completed.
Now a process builder is setup which will trigger the approval process setup..
this approval process will send an email notification and upon approval by a queue called 'service group' this status field will update to approved.
this email notification has an email alert which has a case to email id in the additional email addresses. now a new case is created and this email is attached to that case.

Now the requirement is: 
-service group queue shall approve the record from the created case. because the service group does not have access to the custom obj.
-the way they need to approve is by replaying as APPROVED.
any queue user can do this.

challanges i'm facing are:
-i cannot use the queue in the approval process because there is a master-detail relationship and this custom obj is on detail side.
-how can i make sure that APPROVE replay from the case attached Email will tick this approval process record. i dont see the auto approval Email id (the salesforce automated one) in the To address of the Case Email.
-since i cannot use the queue and anyone from the queue can approve these records how can i choose the approver in the approval steps.

-What is custom Email Template for auto email approval and how can i use it here?

The question is on the lengthy side. but please help me if you can.

Thanks in advance.
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi 

Kindly refer this below example and modify yours accordingly :- 

https://www.sfdcpoint.com/salesforce/approval-process-in-salesforce/

If this meet your requirement, please mark it as best answer.

Regards,

Priya Ranjan