function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura GilLaura Gil 

I have some doubts if using Process Builder with standard objects is the right decision

Hi all,
a technical architect in our company told me not to use process builder for standard objects such as Account, Contact, Opportunity but instead flows.
This is his argument:

Using flows has the advantage that flows also run in 'before' context and we avoid with that the trigger of an additional DMLoperation.

I find the work with process builder easier and understandable than using flows.
If I just want to update a date field with the current date when an Opportunity stage changes and probably there will be more updates related to the Opportunity object what is the best approach?. Would you still recommend Process Builder and if yes, what is the best way to use Process Builder?, probably using invocable processes ?.

I would appreciate your comments/thoughts, especially from architects as I don't have technical skills, more functional.
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Laura,

Yes you can use process builder for this scenario. 

Even Flows can be used but for this simple scenario it is better to use Process builder or workflow.

Regards,

Priya Ranjan