function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suhel CruiseSuhel Cruise 

Getting error while updating Group Object

Hi,

I am getting following error while performing an 'Update' on a record of Group object using Bulk v2 API

"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1dEAE","","CEOA","","false","true"

I am currently authenticated using a user having System Administrator role. I believe as a system administrator I have sufficient privilege. Is there something I am missing here ?

Regards,
Suhel

Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Suhel,

Below is the knowledge article which shows the possibilty of getting this error and solutions for each possibiity.  I hope the user has a profile of System Administrator

Knowledge Article (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000328226&type=1)

Thanks,

Suhel CruiseSuhel Cruise
Thanks for your response, but this is not working even with sample data that comes with Developer edition. I have confirmed that the user is a System Administrator. I tried simple steps from Workbench. Queried all the Groups and then tried to update the Group record mentioned above using Workbench itself. It still gives me the same error.

Salesforce IdResultStatus
1Insufficient Access Rights On Cross-reference IdINSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

So I am wondering:
1) Can you please check if you are also getting the same error using System administrator ? Is there any other permission that I am missing ?
2) Is there a way I can see more details / logs on SFDC side that may provide some useful hints ?
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Suhel,

Can you let us know which field you are trying to update from workbench on Group object so i can try in developer edition .

Thanks,

Suhel CruiseSuhel Cruise
Hi Sai Praveen,

Looks like I missed your response earlier. 

I am trying to update the below mentioned fields :"Id","Name","DeveloperName","Email","DoesSendEmailToMembers","DoesIncludeBosses", using Bulk v2 API. 

Following errors are reported for each row that I am trying to update using the Bulk v2 API

"sf__Id","sf__Error","Id","Name","DeveloperName","Email","DoesSendEmailToMembers","DoesIncludeBosses"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1dEAE","","CEOA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1eEAE","","SVPSalesMarketingA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1fEAE","","VPNorthAmericanSalesA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1gEAE","","DirectorDirectSalesA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1hEAE","","VPMarketingA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1iEAE","","SVPCustomerServiceSupportA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1jEAE","","DirectorChannelSalesA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1kEAE","","CFOA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1lEAE","","WesternSalesTeamA","","false","true"
"","INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id:--","00G2w000002rN1mEAE","","CustomerSupportNorthAmericaA","","false","true"

Thanks & regards,
Suhel
Suhel CruiseSuhel Cruise
Hello Sai,

Any update on this one for me ?

Regards,
Suhel