function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike CMike C 

Feedback Requested on large dabase with multiple profiles/picklists

I am developing a database for roughly 2,000 service providers to log counseling cases.  They are spread across about 200 locations, each with about 20-30 unique regions they need select when logging their counseling cases.

Knowing that Salesforce limits picklists to 1,000 options, I thought of another solution.  Will you please provide feedback on my solution?  If there is a more efficient way to accomplish the same goal, I'd love to hear it.

Solution I came up with:

-Each location (about 200 in all) would have a unique Global Picklist Value Set.  The Picklists contain the 20-30 unique region for each location.
-Each user is assigned to a Profile that is unique for their location.
-The Custom Object (Counseling Cases) would have a Picklist field that is linked to the Global Picklist Value Set for each location… so 200 fields for the "Counseling Cases" Custom Object
              --Each Profile is assigned a Custom Layout for Counseling Cases that ONLY displays their corresponding Picklist (which shows their zones)
              --Essentially, even though there are ~200 fields for the Custom Object, each user would only see their particular Picklist.
              --I created a Custom Field, called Zone, that contains a formula which grabs all 200 fields, and concatenates (or merges) them together for a particular entry… each entry will only have one entry in one of the 200 fields, so basically it grabs the Zone name regardless of which profile they have.
                             ---Creating this custom field allows any report or display to show one field (Zone) with the correct value, regardless of which profile the user had.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mike,

This seems to be good solution . Even I doubt if there are any efficient  solutions for the same requirement .

Thanks,