function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aryan_SFDCAryan_SFDC 

Auto popolate defalut values while creating contact from the account related list for 2 users

Hi,
I am trying to make conact creation easy by populating default field while creating the 
contact(not to insert default values after creation of the record) for 2 specific users.
Steps:
1.Open account.
2.go to related list named as contact.
3.Click on new contact.
4.On this screen,field should be populated by default while creating the contact.
Account name = It will display account name of related account.
mailing country(text field)= India (this should be visible to user by default but if he want then he should able to enter the another country name)
Mailing region(picklist) = Asia pacific(this should be visible to user by default but if he want then he should able to select another picklist value)
Language(picklist) = English (this should be visible to user by default but if he want then he should able to select another picklist value)
Please suggest me how to implement this change.
I need this changes for 2 users only having same profile.
I am trying this in salesforce lightning
Best Answer chosen by Aryan_SFDC
Aryan_SFDCAryan_SFDC
Hi Shuham,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found the solution.
1.Populated default values while creating the contact:
I have created a custom action(Quick contact) and edited the layout with the fields I want.
and setup Predefined Field Values there.
added this custom action the 2 required page layouts.

2.To make custom action user specific:
Open account record page.
click on settings icon and edit page.
click on custom action section.
Using dynamic actions I have made this changes specific to 2 users(created a permission set,assigned it to required users and set the visiblity of custom  action based on permission set).

All Answers

Shubham Raj 29Shubham Raj 29

Hi @Nagesh_SFDC,

if you want to auto-populate values only for 2 users then might you have to create a Lightning Component.

IF not then you can populate the value for all users as we cant restrict it on a user basis.

For Picklist, check the default value.

picklist

For the Text field, provide the default value as below and text would be auto-populated and can remove the text or add any further in it. 

User-added image

Let me know if this was helpful. If it does, please mark it as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks,
Shubham Raj

Aryan_SFDCAryan_SFDC
Hi Shuham,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found the solution.
1.Populated default values while creating the contact:
I have created a custom action(Quick contact) and edited the layout with the fields I want.
and setup Predefined Field Values there.
added this custom action the 2 required page layouts.

2.To make custom action user specific:
Open account record page.
click on settings icon and edit page.
click on custom action section.
Using dynamic actions I have made this changes specific to 2 users(created a permission set,assigned it to required users and set the visiblity of custom  action based on permission set).
This was selected as the best answer