function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carol McConnellCarol McConnell 

Validation rule on multi select picklist

I'm trying to figure out what the formula would be to require one picklist be selected if a certain item in another multi select picklist field is chosen.

I.E.  If Project type which is a multi select picklist contain PG then the PG type picklist field should be required.

Thanks,
Best Answer chosen by Carol McConnell
CharuDuttCharuDutt
Hii Carol
Try Below Validation I've Made Changes
AND(ISPICKVAL(Project_Type__c, 'PG'),ISBLANK(PG__c))
Please Mark It As Best Answer If It Helps
Thank You

All Answers

Andrew GAndrew G
From help:
Formula Operators and Functions I–Z (salesforce.com) (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.customize_functions_i_z.htm&type=5)

Use:
INCLUDES(multiselect_picklist_field, text_literal) and replace multiselect_picklist_field with the merge field name for the multi-select picklist; and replace text_literal with the multi-select picklist value you want to match in quotes.

Examples:
INCLUDES(Hobbies__c, "Golf") returns TRUE if one of the selected values in the Hobbies custom multi-select picklist field is Golf.

So in your case:
INCLUDES(Project_Type__c, "PG")

Regards
Andrew
aditya Shastri 3aditya Shastri 3
Shiv Tandav Lyrics is a stotra that describes Lord Shiva power and beauty. It is traditionally attributed to lankapati Ravana. To Read Shiv Tandav Lyrics Visit https://www.sursaritatechknow.com/2021/06/shiv-tandav-stotram-lyrics.html
CharuDuttCharuDutt
Hii Carol
Try Below Validation
AND(INCLUDES(Project_Type__c, 'PG'),ISBLANK(PG__c))
Thank You!
Neither of the above work.  I get the error that 
Error: Field Project_Type__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.
CharuDuttCharuDutt
Hii Carol
Try Below Validation I've Made Changes
AND(ISPICKVAL(Project_Type__c, 'PG'),ISBLANK(PG__c))
Thank You
This was selected as the best answer
My apologies I told you the oposite on the picklist fields.  Project type was a picklist and PG type is a multi picklist.

Thank you so much.