function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joe Cutajar 12Joe Cutajar 12 

Screen Flow Retuning Null for Checkboxes

I have a Screenflow that has a lot of checkboxes in it. Im using Sections to group checkboxes together and have compoenent visability on them so they only show if I need them to. I set the Default value to False, but if the componenet doesent show it makes it null and it fails the Update of the record. 

I cannot use the Decision solution, to check if Null then change it the False because of the amount of checkboxes I have. 

Any Suggestions to make this work would be great!
Loran SagguLoran Saggu
I resolved this issue (for a single checkbox) by creating a formula in the flow:
IF({!checkbox_screen_input_field}, {!checkbox_screen_input_field}, FALSE)

You might consider creating a similar formula for each of the checkbox values you are attempting to save to a record.
Lola HollandLola Holland
This field would be based on the checkboxes' visibility conditions. Then, set up a workflow or process automation to update the actual field based on the formula field's value. This way, even if a checkbox is not visible and defaults to null, the formula field will still track its intended value. https://www.yourtexasbenefits.bid/
Isaiah BoydIsaiah Boyd
thanks for the answer. I had another task. Pictures should appear instead of checkboxes under certain conditions. And the IF helped solve this problem. Now I’ll look for whether it’s possible to set actions for all values at once using one formula. Although it seems that the logic should be built very individually