function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rohit Vaidya 3Rohit Vaidya 3 

permission

i have an 1000 users out of which i want to restrict the access to 400 users to an object how can i do it.
Naveen KNNaveen KN
If you are using the same profile for all the users, remove object access from the profile level.

and create a new permission set with access to the object and assign it to the users who need access. 
Arun Kumar 1141Arun Kumar 1141
Hi Rohit,

There are a few ways you can restrict access to an object for specific users. Here are two common approaches you can consider:

1. Role Hierarchy:
  • Create a new role for the 400 users you want to restrict access to.
  • Set up the role hierarchy so that the restricted role is below the roles of the users who should have access.
  • Adjust the object's sharing settings to only grant access to the roles above the restricted role in the hierarchy.
  • This way, only users in the roles above the restricted role will have access to the object.
2. Profile and Permission Sets:
  • Create a new profile specifically for the 400 users you want to restrict access to.
  • Modify the object's permissions within that profile to deny access to the object.
  • Assign the restricted users to the new profile.
  • Additionally, if there are specific users within the restricted group who should have access, you can create a permission set granting access to the object and assign it to those users.
Hope this will help.
Thanks!
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI @Rohit, 

You can make changes at the user's profile level to restrict object access. 

Alternately, you can consider restriction rules. These control the records that a specific user group is permitted to see. When a restriction rule is applied to a user, the data that the user has access to via org-wide defaults, sharing rules, and other sharing mechanisms is filtered by the record criteria that you specify.

More info: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.security_restriction_rule_create.htm&type=5

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you