function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
João AlmeidaJoão Almeida 

Apex: start flow with record collection input

I'm trying to start a flow that receives a record collection as input.

I have the following code:

List<YB_Dosage_Line__c> parsedDosagelines =(List<YB_Dosage_Line__c>)JSON.deserializeStrict(serializedApplicationRecord,List<YB_Dosage_Line__c>.class);

Map<String, Object> flowParams = new Map<String, Object>{'dosageLines' => parsedDosagelines};

Flow.Interview.YB_Dosage_Lines_Process_Related_Generic_Group_and_Product_Family flowInstance = new Flow.Interview.YB_Dosage_Lines_Process_Related_Generic_Group_and_Product_Family(flowParams);

flowInstance.start();

But, it throws the following error:

Malformed JSON: Expected '[' at the beginning of List/Set
Any ideas?
João AlmeidaJoão Almeida
Actually, I found the problem: "serializedApplicationRecord" is the wrong variable, this one doesn't contain a list. But, its interesting that the serializeStrict doesn't fail...
Prateek Prasoon 25Prateek Prasoon 25
Answer:-
The error message you're encountering indicates that the JSON string serializedApplicationRecord is not valid JSON because it does not start with a square bracket '[' as expected for a List/Set.
To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that the JSON string you are trying to deserialize is properly formatted and begins with a '[' to indicate the start of a list. Here's an example of a valid JSON string representing a list of YB_Dosage_Line__c objects:

Text

[  {    "field1": "value1",    "field2": "value2"  },  {    "field1": "value3",    "field2":"value4" }]

Make sure serializedApplicationRecord contains a correctly formatted JSON array of YB_Dosage_Line__c objects.

If you find my answer helpful, please mark it as the best answer. thanks!