function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve SalisburySteve Salisbury 

Action failed: lightningbuddy:ImageCarousel$controller$initializeCards [Unexpected end of JSON input] Failing descriptor: {lightningbuddy:ImageCarousel$controller$initializeCards}

Hi,

I am trying to edit my partner community but the pages give me this error.

This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. Action failed: lightningbuddy:ImageCarousel$controller$initializeCards [Unexpected end of JSON input] Failing descriptor: {lightningbuddy:ImageCarousel$controller$initializeCards}

Any ideas? It happens for all pages I have created but yesterday it was fine.
Best Answer chosen by Steve Salisbury
Hi Swetha, 

Thank you for responding, I went to SF support for this and received the following which resolved the issue.

- In the Experience Builder Page, navigate to the Page Structure (3rd icon on the left section)
- Temporarily Delete the first ImageCarousel under the TEMPLATE HEADER BOTTOM section
After deletion, reoad the page. Check if the Home Page layout will load and if the error disappears.
- If the same issue occurs, temporarily Delete the second ImageCarousel under CONTENT HEADER section
Reload the page again
- If the error disappears and the page loads correctly , try to add the component again to its intended section on the page .

All Answers

When I look at the ImageCarousel.css in the Developer Console (hidden) is in green brackets and hidden is red. Is there maybe something here I need to fix?
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Steve,
It looks like the error coming from the code of managed package(https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000FKArSUAX ??). Do you have any package-related components added to your community?
Hi Swetha, 

Thank you for responding, I went to SF support for this and received the following which resolved the issue.

- In the Experience Builder Page, navigate to the Page Structure (3rd icon on the left section)
- Temporarily Delete the first ImageCarousel under the TEMPLATE HEADER BOTTOM section
After deletion, reoad the page. Check if the Home Page layout will load and if the error disappears.
- If the same issue occurs, temporarily Delete the second ImageCarousel under CONTENT HEADER section
Reload the page again
- If the error disappears and the page loads correctly , try to add the component again to its intended section on the page .

This was selected as the best answer