function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mahesh Babu 187Mahesh Babu 187 

Find previous child records and update checkbox on latest child record

Hi Team,

My requirement is like:

Suppose there are multilpe quotes for an Account. Now I want to have a invoice for a particular quote and we want to apply special discount for that quote. The discount will be applicable based on a date field and percentage field. So based on the date field, I need to check the previous quotes i.e if the date is 17th March 2021 for the current quote, then i need to check the if the quotes of Janaury or December or November for that particular account had percent field as 20%. 

So whenever there is invoicing for a particular quote, I need to exclude the recent previous quote and check back the other previous 3 quotes and make the checkbox checked for the quote which we are invoicing. 

I tried to write a trigger but it is throwing error: 'Logical operator can only be applied to Boolean'

TRIGGER:

trigger Eligibleforspenddisc on SBQQ__Quote__c (before insert,before update) {
    for(SBQQ__Quote__c sb : Trigger.new){
        if(sb.SBQQ__Account__c != null){
     List<SBQQ__Quote__c>  sbList = [Select id, SBQQ__Account__c, Activity_Date_PB__c, PA_Coverage__c from SBQQ__Quote__c
                                where SBQQ__Account__c =:sb.SBQQ__Account__c and PA_Coverage__c=20];
            if(((sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-2)) || (sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-3)) || (sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-4))) && 
               sb.PA_Coverage__c == 19.5){
                   sb.Eligible_for_Spend_Discount__c = true;
               }
        }
    }

}

Please help in solving this issue.

Thank You,
Mahesh

Best Answer chosen by Mahesh Babu 187
I have fixed the error .
The updated code is below:

if(sb.SBQQ__Account__c != null && sb.Invoice_Date_Formula__c!=null){            
            List<SBQQ__Quote__c>  sbList = [Select id, SBQQ__Account__c, Invoice_Date__c,Invoice_Date_PB__c,Invoice_Date_Formula__c, PA_Coverage__c from SBQQ__Quote__c
                                            where SBQQ__Account__c =:sb.SBQQ__Account__c and 
                                            (Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-2) or
                                             Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-3) or
                                             Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-4)) and  PA_Coverage__c >=:19.50];

if(sbList.size()>0){
            }
            else{
                sb.Eligible_for_Spend_Discount__c = false;
            } 
        }        
    }    

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mahesh,

Greetings!

This error occurs whenever you use the operator incorrectly.I would suggest you to try by using && instead of || for the if condition.

Please mark it as best answer if it helps you to fix the issue.

Thank you!

Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Hi Shirisha,

I am still getting the same error.

Thanks, 
Mahesh
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mahesh, 

I believe the error is occurring at the following line 

Can you confirm if Eligible_for_Spend_Discount__c is a boolean field or can you try doing a SOQL and retrieve this field from SBQQ__Quote__c 

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
I have fixed the error .
The updated code is below:

if(sb.SBQQ__Account__c != null && sb.Invoice_Date_Formula__c!=null){            
            List<SBQQ__Quote__c>  sbList = [Select id, SBQQ__Account__c, Invoice_Date__c,Invoice_Date_PB__c,Invoice_Date_Formula__c, PA_Coverage__c from SBQQ__Quote__c
                                            where SBQQ__Account__c =:sb.SBQQ__Account__c and 
                                            (Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-2) or
                                             Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-3) or
                                             Activity_Date_PB__c=:sb.Activity_Date_PB__c.addMonths(-4)) and  PA_Coverage__c >=:19.50];

if(sbList.size()>0){
            }
            else{
                sb.Eligible_for_Spend_Discount__c = false;
            } 
        }        
    }    
This was selected as the best answer