function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cara ClowCara Clow 

Showing Pardot dynamic content based on list membership

I am trying to create a Pardot email that will show and not show certain content based whether a user is on a certain list. The idea is that people can sign up to get monthly email updates on certain products. What I was hoping would work would be to create a new email preferences page with all the available products included so users can check which ones they want to receive updates for. That would then add the user to a list for that product. Then I was hoping I could create dynamic content rules to show those specific product updates based on which product update list the user belonged to. However when I went to set up the dynamic content, there was no option for "prospect is on list...". 

Another idea I had was to set up an automation rule that would add a tag to the user if they were subscribed to one of the product update lists, and another rule to remove the tag if they unsubscribe from the list. However, I discovered it is also not possible to create dynamic content based on a tag. 

I know it is possible to set up custom fields for the dynamic content, but that leaves the issue of how does a user unsubscribe from receiving product updates (or changing their preferences for which updates they receive) without opting out completely? 

If anyone has any other ideas on how I can make this work, I would greatly appreciate it. I posted this in the Pardot Trailblazer forum and someons suggested I post it here too. Thanks in advance!
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
You can reach out to "Pardot B2B Marketing Automation" page on https://success.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F9300000001qUiCAI for inputs on your ask.

You can also log a case with salesforce support.
Link: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=workcom_contact_support.htm&type=5

If it helps you and closes your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.