function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harshala P ShewaleHarshala P Shewale 

Language Translation for Custom Metadata Type

Hello All,

I have a lightning component developed for community cloud implementation which shows a list of fields user can fill in. 

These fields come from Custom Metadata type(CMT). We are working on a community user experience for multiple languages. 

I am unable to translate CMT.

Is there any workaround for this use-case? Please advise as per your implementation experience. 

Thanks in advance.
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harshala,

You can translate metadata labels only for certain Salesforce Setup components. Unfortunately, custom metadata type is not in this list

Please see Metadata Available for Translation to learn more

As far as I know, there is no workaround

Let me know if this helps. If it does, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You
Satish InugantiSatish Inuganti

Hi Harshala,

Unfortunately there is no standard way to acheive this. but you can use the same CMT and implement a custom logic to acheive. I hope in your community portal you are going to use a AURA/LWC Component to display those fields.

Use Current Page Reference to get the current Language from community and try to prepare CMT with Language parameter to distinguish between CMT records. Query that particular CMT Records and display in that particular language. I hope this Idea helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to DM me. If this idea helps please mark this as best answer.

Email / Phone : satishinuganti24@gmail.com/ +91 - 9700362436.