function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rachel Palmer 7Rachel Palmer 7 

Flow Duplicating Screen When Next Button is Clicked

I have a visual flow that I can sometimes run in debug mode without issue. However, seemingly randomly, I'll receive the following error when I click the Next button: 
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 1152212397-36410 (-1837831302).

When I receive this error, the current screen I'm on is duplicated beneath the navigation buttons, but with empty fields. I initially thought this was an issue with a custom button component I had been using for navigation on certain screens, but I've even gotten this error on screens that have the default Next button in the default footer.

After receiving the error, I'm unable to navigate through the flow, with any subsequent clicks of the Next button duplicating the screen another time. Nothing in the debug log is indicating something has gone wrong in the flow. Unfortunately, I am also not receiving any error report emails, even though I'm the creator and last person to modify this flow. I'm assuming because the flow doesn't actually "crash" in the sense that i don't get the usual crash screen.

Has anyone else encountered this error, and how were you able to fix it? Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Rachel Palmer 7
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rachel,

From the above Error Id found below issue,  are you using or trying to populate any user location in you flow? 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Couldnt find userLocation 

Re-check if you are using anywhere on flow.

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Rachel,

From the above Error Id found below issue,  are you using or trying to populate any user location in you flow? 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Couldnt find userLocation 

Re-check if you are using anywhere on flow.

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the response! I don't use userLocation anywhere in my flow, but I do use {!$User.Email} to pull any previously created records at the beginning of the flow. However, I haven't experienced this particular error on that screen yet.
Do you have an org id? 
I haven't seen anything related to above org however based on error Id its is related to userlocation.  You can try to check if any of your user details are blank and don't have value.

Also as mentioned by you its working for some user I would suggest you to  compare logs for working and non-working scenerio that should narrow down the issue.

Thanks,
Hi Vinay, 

Thank you for all  your help! I removed the reference to {!User.Email} and instead have the user enter their email, then use the user input to pull the relevent records. So far, this has appeared to fix my issue.

Thanks!