function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BPOORBPOOR 

Managed Package Uninstall Failed

I am trying to uninstall a managed package and the package uninstall failed with the reason saying a custom field cannot be deleted. When I click on the "Where this is used" button on the custom field, it is showing few private reports that I do not have access to. I am a System Administrator though.

How do I proceed in this scenario? I don't know which user created the report.
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Please follow the below steps after you click on "Where this is used" button
  • Click on the Name (Do a right click and open it in a new tab to keep on working without repeating the complete process of uninstalling package).
  • It will take you to the Reports & Dashboards page.
  • Click on the drop down arrow for the folders created by the package.
  • Delete all the folders created by the package (It may ask you to delete the reports, remove them from the Recycle Bin also).
See this help article to learn how to manually remove a component when it prevents the uninstallation of a managed package.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=errors-while-uninstalling-Managed-packages&language=en_US

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
BPOORBPOOR
Hi Anudeep,

Thanks for you response. However, the issue is different here. All the Reports and Dashboard folders that were installed as part of the managed package will automatically get deleted when we uninstall the package. Here, some sales users/leads have created their own private report under some folder that is using the custom object fields of the managed package. Since I don't have access to the private reports folder, I have no way of finding where the report is. Our Salesforce Org is bigger one and we have more than  6000 reports in several hundred report folders.

Below is the screenshot of the errors.

Dependency Errors during package uninstall

As  you can see, the Reference Label (report name) is not highlighted since they are private reports. The public reports were highlighted as hyperlinks and I was able to create a destructiveChanges.xml with those public reports and I have deleted them using workbench.

Makes sense? Let me know if I am missing something.