function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Upton_XUpton_X 

How to take Query out of Loop - particular instance

Hi all-

Beginning developer that has been running my head into the wall with this trigger for a while now.  I feel like I am missing something obvious but I don't know where it is.

I have reciently implemented Campaign Influence for my organization.  (for those of you who have not used Campaign Influence - it is related to the Opportunity and Contact Roles.  When a contact role is related to an opportunity, the Campaign influence will pull in the Campaigns related to the contact so they are automatically associated to the campaign.)

I have a requirement that all Campaigns related to a contact must be split equally.  I've tried various ways to pull the Query of related campaign influences, but have found that when I attempt to do a bulk upload, the trigger will combine campaigns two different opps, then divide by the total.

(ie. Opp 1 has 3 related campaign influence and opp 2 has 3 related campaign influence.  Instead of attributing 33% influence to each, I end up with 17%).

The below trigger works, but I understand that the trigger should not be in the loop and I would like to improve it.

Thank you!

trigger UpdateOppPrimaryCampaign on Opportunity (after update) {

for(Opportunity o : trigger.new)  {
            List<String> oppListId = new List<String>();
        	system.debug('First for loop runs');
        	oppListId.add(o.Id);
			system.debug('oppListId = '+oppListId);
            List<CampaignInfluence> relatedCampaignInfuence = [SELECT Id, CampaignId, Influence, OpportunityId FROM CampaignInfluence WHERE OpportunityId IN :oppListId]; 
        	List<CampaignInfluence> campaignInfluenceListUpdate = new List<CampaignInfluence>();
        	    system.debug('relatedCampaignInfuence = '+relatedCampaignInfuence);

for(campaignInfluence c : relatedCampaignInfuence){        
            	Decimal numCampaign = relatedCampaignInfuence.size();
            		system.debug ('numCampaign = ' + numCampaign);
           		Decimal percentCampaign =  100 / numCampaign;
            		system.debug ('percentCampaign = '+ percentCampaign);
                 c.Influence = percentCampaign;
            	system.debug('c.Influence = '+ c.Influence);
           	     c.Influenced__c = percentCampaign;
            	campaignInfluenceListUpdate.add(c);
            	system.debug('campaignInfluenceListUpdate = ' + campaignInfluenceListUpdate);
                }
        system.debug('update campaignInfluenceListUpdate EXECUTES');
        Database.SaveResult[] results = Database.update(campaignInfluenceListUpdate, false);
            }

}

bhanu prakash 350bhanu prakash 350
trigger UpdateOppPrimaryCampaign on Opportunity (after update) {

List<CampaignInfluence> relatedCampaignInfuence = [SELECT Id, CampaignId, Influence, OpportunityId FROM CampaignInfluence WHERE OpportunityId IN :trigger.newmap.keySet()]; 

c.Influence = 100/trigger.newmap.get(c.opportunityId).campaignInfluences;
           	     c.Influenced__c=100/trigger.newmap.get(c.opportunityId).campaignInfluences;

}
        system.debug('update campaignInfluenceListUpdate EXECUTES');
        Database.SaveResult[] results = Database.update(campaignInfluenceListUpdate, false);
            }

}
I think it will work, If not let me know, and please mention the exact object Names, field names, Relations. which is parent and which is child.

based on which field you update what field on what object. then i will give you the exact solution.

sreenath reddy 21sreenath reddy 21
Hi Upton_X,
Can you try below code 

Integer numCampaign = c.size();

system.debug ('numCampaign = ' + numCampaign);
   Decimal percentCampaign = 100 / numCampaign;
  system.debug ('percentCampaign = '+ percentCampaign);
  c.Influence = percentCampaign;
   c.Influenced__c = percentCampaign;
  campaignInfluenceListUpdate.add(c);