function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan SpinkJonathan Spink 

Files Related List not appearing in Lightning

The Files Related List is not appearing on a page layout in Lightning, only in Classic. Is this a known issue?
Best Answer chosen by Jonathan Spink
ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jonathan,

Well, in that case it looks unexpected as per standard set up.

If you see any discrepencies with the standard UI in Lightning or could observe any defect in the product functionality, then I would encourage you to raise a case with Salesforce support to debug further which should be notified to product teams in case of bug.Please also post relevant details about this error or put a screenshot as well as supporting document.

Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.

All Answers

Hi Jonathan,

Please check with below help article to follow steps mentioned:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000317503&type=1&mode=1

Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
Thanks Shivankur. Specifically I cannot see the Files related list on the Task page, but the Files related list does appear on the Opportunity page.
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for explaining the concern.

I tried to follow below steps :
  • Go to Setup.
  • Click Object Manager.
  • Click "Task."
  • Click "Page Layout."
  • From Palette, click "Related List."
  • Drag "Files" into Related Lists Section.
  • Save.
And then I could see files related list like below:
result

Hope you will be able to see the similar, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
Files is already setup as a related list and it does produce the grey stripe across the screen but it doesn't display the 'Upload Files' button or indeed any files!
Hi Jonathan,

Well, in that case it looks unexpected as per standard set up.

If you see any discrepencies with the standard UI in Lightning or could observe any defect in the product functionality, then I would encourage you to raise a case with Salesforce support to debug further which should be notified to product teams in case of bug.Please also post relevant details about this error or put a screenshot as well as supporting document.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
We have found that navigating from the COntact record, via Tasks results in the Files being displayed under the Task's Related tab. But going straight to the Task doesn;t work: the Files are not displayed. I will raise ticket with SF to investigate.