function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarkHBMarkHB 

How does Lightning Email Composer populate the To: address?

We have a Lightning Case record console that includes the Email Quick Action, and the Quick Action does specify the default To and From addresses, with the To: being either the Contact Email or a custom field that's populated during Email-to-Case processing.  I am finding that, in some cases, for follow-up emails the To: address is getting populated with another value, such as the default From: address. I turned on Lightning Debug and when I open the composer I see this:

address set to /email/htmlbody/htmlbody.jsp?id=6599%3A0&layout=CaseLightningEmail&useCkEditorPanels=false&isNarrow=false&customCssClasses=&isQuickTextEnabled=true&isPardotOrg=false&isCmsOnly=false&_CONFIRMATIONTOKEN=...

Does anyone know how that addressee gets chosen?  Thanks for any help!

Best Answer chosen by MarkHB
ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi MarkHB,

Please check below thread, if it helps you understand this better:
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/264062/lightning-email-pre-populate-addressee-destination

Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.

All Answers

ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi MarkHB,

Please check below thread, if it helps you understand this better:
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/264062/lightning-email-pre-populate-addressee-destination

Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
MarkHBMarkHB
Thanks for helping!  In my case, it turned out that we were creating a copy of the email as part of our business rules, but the Incoming flag was not being set on the copy. Setting that caused the default addresses in our Send Action (which is as you described in the Stack Exchange post) to work properly.