function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jean-Paul LefeuJean-Paul Lefeu 

Flow decision on record type and conditions works partially

Hi Community,

I got stuck with a Flow and hope you can help me in the right direction.

1. The first decision on two different account record types based on the ID seems to only pick the first record type. What could be the cause of this? One assignment works and the other not.
  2. The second decision I going over 4 different outcomes based on the condition being the country code. The ones that work have an "Does Not Equal" or "Equals" operator on the country code, these work just fine. However, the other two are a combination of the country code and a custom text field. Here I have Resource being the text field "Is Null" False or "Is Null" True. Could it be that the condition doesn't work with Text fields or what could be the issue here? 

Thanks a lot! 

Jean-Paul

Best Answer chosen by Jean-Paul Lefeu

Update: 

- The Start was incorrectly set, it contained a filter to only one Account Record Type.
- The first decision was changed from Record Type ID into {!$Record.RecordType.DeveloperName}.
- There was an issue at the second decision, as I had equal to AND equal to AND, while should only be one of the those conditions. As it was for countries, it would have been a long country list. So via a Custom Meta Data all EU countries were entered which could then be IS NULL false, which did the trick.

There appeared to be other issues with my flow. Happy to say it works now. Thank for you input Glenn Tim! 

All Answers

Glenn TimGlenn Tim
Create Decisions That Only Execute When Record That Executed the Flow Meets the Conditions. (https://homeappliancestudio.com/)

Update: 

- The Start was incorrectly set, it contained a filter to only one Account Record Type.
- The first decision was changed from Record Type ID into {!$Record.RecordType.DeveloperName}.
- There was an issue at the second decision, as I had equal to AND equal to AND, while should only be one of the those conditions. As it was for countries, it would have been a long country list. So via a Custom Meta Data all EU countries were entered which could then be IS NULL false, which did the trick.

There appeared to be other issues with my flow. Happy to say it works now. Thank for you input Glenn Tim! 

This was selected as the best answer
Marty BayrdMarty Bayrd
Yeah Thanks you are right and waiting for more answer like this (https://buyguideonline.com/)